In our last Video Lion, we established why video is a potent tool for e-commerce and discussed some strategies to leverage it effectively. Today, we’re going to focus on the practicalities: how to bring these strategies to life. Come with me!
Ok, so here are 8 important steps you can take to ensure you are not only creating the right kind of videos for your e-commerce business, but that you are getting the best results possible from them.
1. Keep It Simple: When you’re starting, you don’t need a Hollywood-style production, with a video crew and all. You want the video to be clear and professional, but it doesn’t have to be extravagant. Depending on the type of video you are creating, you may want professional help for shooting and editing, but that can be done for a much lower cost if it is done remotely. Check out Video Lion #6 on “what is remote production”. Some types of videos you can definitely do in-house, shooting them on a smartphone can be very effective, as long as they convey the message clearly and authentically.
2. Focus on the Story: Whether it’s a product demo or a behind-the-scenes look, your video should tell a story. Avoid being overly technical. People connect with narratives, so try to weave one into your video. Even a simple storyline like ‘problem-solution-result’ can work wonders.
3. Engage with the Audience: Don’t just talk at your audience; interact with them. Ask questions, encourage comments, maybe even hold a contest. The more you engage with your audience, the more invested they will become.
4. Optimize for SEO: Just like text-based content, your videos should be optimized for search engines. Use keywords in the video title, description, and tags. Also, consider adding a transcript for your video to make it more searchable.
5. Measure Success: Monitor the performance of your videos. Which ones have the most views? Which ones are leading to the most conversions? Use these insights to tweak your video strategy and make your future videos more effective.
6. Be Consistent: Don’t just post one video and forget about it. Do your best to get to a point where you have videos for all your products. Consistency is key to maintaining engagement. Create a schedule and stick to it, even if it’s only one video a month.
7. Leverage Social Media: Social media platforms are a great place to share your videos. Each platform has its own best practices for video content, so tailor your videos accordingly.
8. Experiment: This might be the most crucial point. Experiment with different types of videos, different styles, different messages. Trial and error, there’s no better way to learn what works best for your brand and your audience.
Video can be a game-changer for your e-commerce business. It’s an exciting, engaging, and effective way to connect with your customers, enhance their shopping experience, and close more sales. The strategies we’ve discussed are just the starting point. The possibilities are as limitless as your creativity allows. I hope this two-part series provided some valuable insights and inspiration. So get out there, start creating, and let video bring you more business.
That’s it for today. Before you go, don’t forget to give us a like or leave a comment, and, if you haven’t done it yet, subscribe to our channel or podcast to stay informed about everything related to video for business.
See you in the next Video Lion!