It would be obvious to say that having a website is essential for any business. But simply having a website is not enough; you need to drive traffic to it to get potential customers. There are many different ways to do that, and one of the most effective ones is through the use of video content. In today’s Video Lion, we give you some practical tips to boost your website traffic using video. Come with me!
Ok, so what are the different things you can do to boost traffic to your website with videos?
- Create Engaging Videos. Your videos should be entertaining, informative, and engaging. And what type of video should you use? It could be Client Testimonial Videos, where you have clients telling how you helped them, or Social Media Videos, where you are not selling but giving value and educating the viewers while strengthening your position as an authority in what you do. How-To videos can also be very effective, and finally Video Ads can drive traffic to your website for sure. The main criteria is for the content to be interesting and capture the viewer’s attention from the start until the end.
2. Optimize Your Videos For Search Engines. To attract more website traffic, you’ve got to make sure your videos are optimized for search engines. Choose relevant keywords for your video title, description, and tags to help people find your video when they search for related content. Use a descriptive title that includes your target keyword and write a clear and concise description that also includes your target keywords.
3. Share your Videos on Social Media: After creating your video content, the next step is to share it on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, etc. Sharing videos that give value for viewers on social media increases their visibility and can drive traffic back to your website. According to the platform you’re posting on, don’t forget to use relevant hashtags, tag relevant people or businesses, and include a call-to-action (CTA) that directs viewers to your website.
4. Embed Your Videos On Your Website. This is not only a great way to increase website traffic, but also a great way for people to stay longer on your website. Research shows that the average time spent on pages with video is 6 minutes as opposed to 4.3 minutes on a page without video. That is 1.4 times more time on a page with video. And this type of engagement also improves your website’s ranking on Google.
You can embed videos on your website’s homepage, product pages, or blog posts. Make sure that the video is relevant to the content on the page and include a CTA that directs viewers to take action.
5. Video Tutorials. People are always looking for how-to videos, and by creating video tutorials, you can position your business as an authority in your industry. Make sure that the tutorial is informative, entertaining, and mainly easy to follow. You can also add links to your website or product pages in the video description to drive traffic back to your website.
6. Collaborate with Influencers. Influencers have large followings on social media, and by working with them, you can reach a broader audience. You can collaborate with influencers by creating a video together, asking them to promote your videos, or asking them to share your videos on their social media platforms. This can lead to an increase in your website traffic.
7. Use Video In Your Email Marketing Campaigns. Using video in your email marketing campaigns can help increase open rates and click-through rates. Include a video in your email that highlights your product or service or it could be a video that provides helpful tips related to your industry. Make sure to include a CTA that directs viewers back to your website. Important tip: When including a video in your emails, do not add them as attachments – that will make your emails very heavy and slow to load. Add a link to the video instead. It is best to use an image as a thumbnail and link that image to your video.
Summarizing, video content is a powerful tool that businesses can use to increase website traffic. By creating engaging videos, optimizing them for search engines, sharing them on social media, embedding them on your website, creating video tutorials, collaborating with influencers, and using video in email marketing, you can drive more traffic to your website and increase your customer base. Give this a try and you’ll see your website traffic skyrocket.
That’s it for today. To watch this blog in Video Format, CLICK HERE
See you in the next Video Lion!